Sunday, January 6, 2008

Album of the Week: 3.0

Wowzers. Do you have a tough time keeping track of all your music? Like it gets pushed to the outer realms of your library only to be rediscovered weeks or months later? That happened to me today. I sat down to do a little writing, and shuffled through my music to get in the groove. Luckily I stumbled across a one of those forgotten gems. I'm talking about Caribou's Andorra. This album kinda sounds like the Byrds got in a street fight with Jose Gonzalez and no one could figure out who the front man would be (in a really good way). This album ranges from psychedelic, poppy tunes that seem reminiscent of a 60's love fest (Melody Day) to dreamy, almost melancholy, Radioheadesque electronica beats (Niobe). Definitely check it out from your local bittorrent, use some of your monthly eMusic downloads, or do whatever you do to get your music.

No comments: