Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dear Judd

Dear Mr Apatow:

I recently revisited your film Knocked Up. I can't say how much I enjoyed your movie- even the second time. But I noticed something. Feel free to correct me if I'm way off base.

Your brand of humor is excellent. The formula seems to work: Lovable loser/pothead, stumbles bassackwards into relationship with totally unapproachable girl. Insert penis jokes. Love ensues.

It's fantastic.

Just a few suggestions though. Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, and the other dudes on the couch need a break from your films. They're very appreciative of the past three years. They all have great houses in North Hollywood or Brentwood. Not bad for some dudes from Canada.

With all due respect, your formula spills over to all facets of life. For example, one of my friends used a line from Knocked Up in church. Church.

Congratulations on infecting the world with your formulaic comedies. Maybe put some other actors on the payroll. And I don't mean a different A-list female co-star.

You make personal-hygiene jokes for a living. Maybe I'm jealous.


Yours Truly,


Adam Hook.

No comments: